The Internet is filled with a vast number of viruses or malware. One such malware is Trezaa. And therefore it is not uncommon for your system to be affected by one of these viruses. Some of these viruses can have devastating effects on your computer or mobile device. And with internet connectivity becoming faster and more prominent it is not a surprise that viruses are also growing bigger and more powerful.
So it is a massive task to keep our computer safe from these viruses and protect all the files on our computer. And if you are infected with any of these viruses, it should be removed with utmost care, as even a small mistake can cause a malfunction on your computer.
What is Trezaa Malware?
Trezaa is a member of one of the most notorious divisions of malware called adware. Adware can be frustrating and bothersome for anyone who surfs the internet. They are not dangerous for destroying files or damaging the system, but they can extremely irritating and cause a menace in your browser.
These annoying adware invades the system and immediately starts to make changes that you never wished to have. It starts with highly irritating ads in your browser and can extend to more devastating results such as spyware and such programs automatically installing in your computer and may finally have to face the consequences such as the Blue Screen of Death.
But what this adware mostly does is bombard you with an unlimited number of ads and banners. It does not care whichever time you are browsing the internet; it just throws a popup banner or fake promising ads. And it does not bother what type of ad, it just fills the advertisement on your screen. This can go as far as your browser window being entirely covered by ads and banners.
How Does the Trezaa Malware Enter Your Computer?
There can be no particular way in which an adware program like Trezaa enters your computer. It can enter through numerous methods from bundled software to unknowingly clicking a malicious ad.
A careless mind while using the internet or installing software can direct you to a Trezaa infection in your system. Therefore you should pay attention to everything that you do through the internet to avoid malwares like Trezaa.
While installing an application you downloaded, check the contents included in the install package before blindly clicking yes. They can even pose as updates for your browser or flash player and lure you into installing this adware. These adwares are common along with bundlings of software installation packages, email attachments and website links that maybe fully corrupt.
So next time you click on a suspicious and unknown link, remember that malware might be lurking in that link. So the most important thing to avoid infection of these virus is to be cautious while using the internet. Be careful of what email you open or what link you click while surfing the web.
How to Remove Trezaa Malware from your computer
- Reboot your computer in safe mode.
- Open windows task manager by simultaneously pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. When task manager opens, carefully check all the programs and processes currently running and stop anything that seems suspicious.
- Show all hidden files and folders on your computer. This option can be founder under the view tab of folder and search options from organize setting. Also, uncheck the hide protected operating system files option.
- To remove leftovers from the windows registry, press Windows key+R together, when the dialogue box opens, enter ‘regedit’.
- Navigate to below location and then delete the Display name: (RANDOM)
- Then Open file explorer and navigate to the folder %appdata% and then delete the malicious executable files from the folder.
- Clean malicious extensions, malicious websites and toolbar from your Internet browser by either resetting your browser or deleting these extensions manually from your browser settings.
- Then right-click on your browser shortcut on your desktop, select properties and in the field named target, remove anything that comes after .exe. And then Apply the change.
Correct DNS Settings
- The major damage this virus does is change the DNS settings on your computer; carefully change it as it can lead to loss of network connection.
- To correct the DNS change done by Trezaa virus, open Control Panel from windows home.
- Go to Network and Internet & Open Network and Sharing.
- Select Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click the current Internet connection and then select Properties. Find Internet Protocol Version 4 under the Networking tab. Left click and open Properties. Then set both the options to Automatic.
- Set the first one to ‘Obtain IP address automatically’ and the second one to ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically.’
- After all, these are done, your system must be free of the virus, but we still recommend you to use any scanner or anti-malware program to identify and clean any leftovers from the registry or temporary files.
These are the settings to remove the adware from your computer manually. We strongly recommend you to thoroughly go through the instructions before making any changes in your computer as it may completely damage the system.
Carelessness can lead to loss of files or broken internet connection etc. Therefore always make sure to do these changes with utmost care.
These type of adware enables your computer open to all kinds of viruses on the internet so be sure to install a good Anti Malware program to prevent your computer from such attacks coming from the internet.
Always be aware of unknown spam emails and suspicious websites. A malware can infect your PC from anywhere. Hope that these instructions guide you to removing the malware from your computer.