Factory resetting your phone is both sensible and scary depending on the situation that you are in. If you are stuck with some hideous virus with your phone, a factory reset can be a lifesaver. But if your phone is in someone else’s possession, with or without your intent, a factory reset will erase all your precious DM conversations clean out of the phone. Who can sleep if something as horrible as that happened, eh? Thus, you must know how to get FRP Bypass APK for free!
Well, not to worry, because Google has got your back! They have introduced Factory Reset Protection for Android smartphones. It prevents unauthorized access attempts on your phone, especially the ones that try to perform a full wipe. But it poses a problem in case you are trying to do a factory reset on your broken device, you have probably been locked out of your phone or something and want to reset it to get back in.
As usual, with every new security app for the feature, there is always at least one app or mod that can help you, bypass it. Google’s factory resets protection, or FRP is not immune to that either. With a little bit of looking, you can get yourself some cool tools by which you can get around the Factory Reset Protection. There was only one small problem until now, that is where and how to download FRP bypass apk latest version 2018. You’re at the right place to get an answer to that question.
But before we start crunching on how to get rid of FRP, let us see a bit more into just what this FRP bypass Apk is.
What is FRP Bypass APK?
This apk file is a tool designed specifically to bypass Google’s factory reset protection feature. This app comes handy when you have forgotten the password or username or maybe both of your phone’s google account, which handicaps you from getting the backup password for accessing your device.
Remember that this method will only work on android 6.0 or above. So if your phone is running on any version of marshmallow, you will have to downgrade it first. Or, you will need to install a custom ROM that is based on an older android version, something like lollipop 5.0. You will have to refer some other guide on how to do that because each manufacturer uses their methods, and I simply cannot be asked to explain all of them right now.
FRP Bypass APK Download
Assuming that your phone is on a little bit of an older operating system like my dad’s, you can get FRP bypass app running on it and effectively get around Google factory reset protection. Let’s get started.
First, you will have to download the FRP Bypass tool. Use this link to get the latest version.
After you have downloaded this simple 17 KB file to your computer, follow these instructions. Note that the app will be called as development settings so do not confuse it with some other app and reject the download. The file from the above link is the one that you need.
FRP Bypass APK: Bypass Google Factory Reset Protection Easily
FRP Bypass with OTG
Okay, with that out of the way, let’s get straight to it then:
- First, plug in your USB drive and then transfer the downloaded apk file to your USB drive.
- Switch on your phone and follow the initial steps of the Setup Wizard that you might get if you are starting up fresh.
- Now, you might have to enter the Google Account credentials. Now comes the most crucial part of this entire procedure, so grab your USB OTG adapter.
- Connect your USB drive through the OTG adapter to your phone. Then, the onboard file explorer of your phone will pop up and will show the file and folders present on that USB storage drive.
- Open the FRP Bypass APK which you just downloaded, from file explorer list. You might get a warning message stating that it is blocking the installation of third-party apps from Unknown Sources. You need to enable it to install our guardian angel Apk.
- Just head over to your device’s Settings and then click to enable the Unknown Sources option. You will find it somewhere under the Security option.
- The FRP Bypass APK will now be installed. Now, all you need to do is tap on the Open button, and you will be taken straight to the settings options.
- Look for an option that says Backup and Reset and then click on it.
- Now, you need to tap on the Factory Reset option and choose to wipe all data.
- After selecting the option, your phone will now be reset again, only this time, you will not be prompted to enter your Google Account credentials when you turn your phone on. The FRP Bypass app will move out of your way. Its screen will not be there anymore, and you can choose whether to add a new account to your phone or not.
So you have just learned the way in which you can use an OTG cable along with an Apk file on board to Bypass Google Factory Reset Protection. But maybe you are not near a computer or any other device to download that measly file. Or perhaps you do not have a thumb drive with an OTG adapter (If you still don’t, it’s 2018, mate! Come on now!). If you are in either of these two situations and are starting to think that this article was of no help to someone in your position, hold it right there!
Bypass Google Factory Reset Protection Without OTG
You can do it on some devices without using any Apk files. But bear in mind, I said some devices. I tried it with my own Old Galaxy S6, and it did not work. But maybe it is because I was on android 6.0 marshmallow. As I have said earlier, these tricks may not work well on newer android versions due to upgrade in security. If you decide to try and do this anyway, good choice! The only thing you need other than your phone is access to a decent WiFi connection. If you have that checked, we can begin:
- First, power on your smartphone device once you have performed a factory reset on it. You can complete the beginning few steps in the initial Setup Wizard.
- When the google account authentication screen shows up, you need to open the keyboard and then, tap on the small gear icon that you see to open the keyboard settings.
- You should now see a three-dot menu on the top right corner. Click that menu button and select the Help and Feedback option.
- When you get the search bar to type something, just type a bunch of letters in that text bar. Trust me; it is part of the process. When that is over, press and hold on it to select it. And then from the mini menu pop up, tap on Share.
- You will get some available sharing options to send that random text you entered. Select Messaging > New Message and type some random number in the To section. Select the number in the same manner, and then click the contacts icon that you see up there.
- Next, tap on the call icon. You might have to press the new call button on some phones to open the dial pad. Alternatively, you can press the add call button which brings up the dial pad. Either way, when the dial pad opens, just type this number in it: *#*#4636#*#*
- Next, you need to click on the Usage Statistics.
- And then, select the back button which is like an arrow on the top left corner of your screen. Doing this will get you to the Settings menu.
- After that, you have to go to the Backup and Reset option and then tap on “Factory Data Reset” to reset your phone.
That’s all there is to it. The above steps will get you through Google’s factory Reset Protection easily. Just don’t misuse this information and try to format one of your mate’s phone. I am reminding you again; this method may not work well on all devices.
Things to Know For FRP Bypass
Even though two android phones are on the same operating system version, there can be significant differences between the two due to the manufacturer skin which installs on top. Google is an intelligent company and will get rid of this tiny chink in their FRP armor soon (if they haven’t already!). But if this method works as expected, you don’t have to worry how to Bypass Google Factory Reset Protection.
If you are a noob who is reading this article and trying out the bypass, you will naturally have a lot of questions that you want answers to as soon as possible. Now, to save you the trouble of opening another tab and search for every single doubt and question of yours, I’ve made it a bit easier by providing a brief yet informative FAQ section below. Go through some of the frequent questions regarding the factor reset protection bypass and see if it covers your questions. I assure you, all the beginner doubts are down below. Take a look! (No! By that I meant scroll this page!)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this apk work on all devices?
Well, yes. Pretty much! You can download FRP Bypass APK on any android version lesser than Android 6.0 and is compatible with most of the Android smartphones out there. The core specs of your android phone do not matter to get this app running. Only the OTG functionality should mandatorily be in support.
- Can I bypass FRP with FRP bypass APK on any device?
Yes. Just like any other android app, this one also depends solely on the operating system running on the existent hardware. So, the app will work on all of the devices, and it doesn’t matter what company made the phone that you are using.
- Is this FRP Bypass APK free to Download and install?
Yes. The FRP Bypass apk is entirely free for download and install. You don’t need to pay any charges in order to get this app running on your phone.
- How much time does it take to bypass FRP lock/ How long will the FRP Bypass Apk take to finish its task?
Depending on your phone and the network connection speeds, once you have downloaded FRP Bypass app, it would typically take you anywhere around a few seconds to a matter of a few minutes to bypass the Google FRP lock.
- Which are the primary Samsung mid-range devices that support?
The above app will typically run on pretty much any smartphone that runs Android. If we want to speak specifically in case of Samsung galaxy mid-range phones, these are the ones that I can think of, which get full support by the FRP bypass apk:
- Galaxy J7
- Samsung J7 Prime
- Galaxy On7 (all versions)
- Galaxy On8
- Samsung On9
- Galaxy On5
- Galaxy A8 (all versions)
- Samsung A9 (all versions)
- Galaxy A7 (all versions)
- Galaxy A5 (all versions)
Note: Here is a little something for the devastated noob among you who has a phone with a higher android version like marshmallow, and has no clue how to downgrade to something workable, like 5.1 Lollipop.
Follow the steps over there, and your phone should safely downgrade from a higher operating system version lie 6.0 to a lower 5.1 lollipop version. They are going the android debug bridge route there, which has been both fast and easy in my experience. And the best part, your phone need not unlock to downgrade it.
I do pray that you have checked the USB debugging option because it is key to an android phone’s survival. If any of you readers have a perfectly working android phone that you use every day, do yourselves a favor and enable USB debugging from the developer options, and keep it enabled. ADB will always come in handy in the time of need. Good Luck!