Groups on social media are an easy way to connect with friends and relatives. One such app is GroupMe, owned by Microsoft. It is very easy to create any group, but many people need help to delete an existing group. This article will talk about how to delete groups on GroupMe.
The basic steps to delete a GroupMe group are by going to settings and clicking on the ‘End group’ option. After giving the confirmation, your group is deleted.
The settings for the operating systems of iPhone and Android might differ. So to avoid confusion, let’s know everything related to deleting messages or groups on GroupMe.
Table of Contents
What is GroupMe?
Microsoft-owned GroupMe’ is a great app to connect with your connections and friends who do not have smartphones. It is a free group messaging application.
The app has GroupMe emojis with support for sharing pictures, gifs, files, and memes.
How to delete groups on GroupMe
- On your device, open the group you wish to delete.
- Find the settings from the avatar if you are on an iPad.
- Once you open settings, scroll down to locate the ‘leave group’ or ‘end group’ options.
Now, if you wish not to be a part of a certain group but also not to delete the group, then choose ‘leave the group.’ It will allow you to leave the group and not delete it entirely.
But if you want to delete the group, select ‘end group’ and give the confirmation.
With these simple steps, you can delete any group on GroupMe.
See Also: Apps To Sell Stuff On Android & IOS (Free)
How to delete groups on GroupMe | Android User
An android user can also delete a group on GroupMe easily. Go through these steps to delete the group,
- Open the app. It can be identified as a speech bubble in blue color with a hashtag smile.
- Do the same if you haven’t logged in to your ID.
- Find the group you wish to delete from the main conversation list.
- Once you open the group, tap on the group profile image in the top right corner of the chat window to open the menu.
- At the bottom of the ‘sliding menu,’ you can see ‘the settings.
- Tap on the red button, ‘end group,’ to delete the group.
- Confirm to delete, and your group will be deleted.
In this way, you can delete the GroupMe group on Android. Click for GroupMe for Android
See Also: How To Change Name Of Facebook Group Easily?
How to delete groups on GroupMe | iPhone or iPad
We will tell you to delete a group chat on GroupMe if you are an iphone or iPad user. Follow these simple steps.
- On your iPhone or iPad home screen, open the GroupMe app, which looks the same as on android devices.
- Once you launch the app, choose the group you wish to delete.
- Once your group is opened, at the top of the chat, tap on the name of the group.
- Scroll below to locate ‘settings’ on the menu opened when you tap on the group’s name.
- Tap on the red button showing the ‘end group’ option.
- A confirmation pop will warn you that this change is permanent.
- The group is deleted from GroupMe.
See Also: Recover Deleted Files On Mac | 5 Ways To Recover From Emptied Trash
How to delete a group on GroupMe | Windows
If you are a pc user and use GroupMe group chat on windows or mac, read below to learn how to delete a group on the GroupMe app if you are on a desktop.
- Open Groupme web and log in to your ID if you haven’t already.
- Choose the group you want to delete. You can locate the group in the chat column.
- Now, click the dropdown arrow to open the menu.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll down to locate the button ‘end group’.
- Tap on the button and select ‘Yes’ to confirm.
Thus, you have successfully deleted a group on GroupMe. This chat messaging app is easy to use on a smartphone or pc.
See Also: Simple Steps To Delete WhatsApp Contact Permanently
See Also: Simple Steps To Enable Group Policy Editor In Windows 10
How to delete GroupMe chats
In a group of people, it is obvious that sometimes we tend to talk a lot by sending several messages. However, once you send a message, you may need to delete it or even delete an entire chat.
Worry not, because here you will find the easy steps to how to delete chats on GroupMe.
- Select the group to delete chats.
- Then locate the message or chat you want to be erased.
- Tap and hold the chat, or tap on the three dots.
- Select ‘delete.’
- You will have to select ‘delete’ again to confirm.
The chat will disappear from the group, and a statement saying ‘this message was deleted’ will appear instead of the previous message. However, you only have 60 minutes to delete the message once you have sent it to the group.
See Also: How To Turn Off Read Receipts On Facebook Messenger.
How to delete GroupMe messages on iPhone
If you are an iphone user, go through these steps to delete a message on the GroupMe group.
- Launch the GroupMe app.
- Find the group in which you sent the chat that now needs to be deleted.
- Press the chat and hold until a menu is visible.
- Select ‘delete’ to confirm the permanent removal of the message from the group.
Note: a message is permanently removed from your GroupMe account once you delete it.
See Also: 11 Best Facebook Tips And Tricks
See Also: How To Turn Off Read Receipts On Facebook Messenger
What if you delete a GroupMe group chat?
GroupMe allows you to send and delete messages easily. Once you delete a group on GroupMe, all your pictures, files, and data are removed permanently. So think twice before deleting a chat or group on GroupMe.
How long can I delete a message on GroupMe?
You can only delete a message within 60 minutes of sending a message on the GroupMe group. Once you delete a message on GroupMe, you cannot retain it.
How to delete a group on GroupMe?
Find the settings on the menu and tap on ‘End Group.’ Tap on the avatar or name of the group. Give the confirmation, and you have successfully deleted the group.
GroupMe, owned by Microsoft, is a free and safe chatting space. Deleting and creating groups on GroupMe is a simple task for both iphone and Android. You must carefully delete a message or a group on the application. Once you delete any message or group, you can’t retrieve the data. Hence, we hope you find this article useful in solving all your queries on how to delete groups on the GroupMe app.
See Also: How To Disable Firewall Via Group Policy