Strong passcode will keep your smartphone secure. But how to unlock the forgotten pattern lock on an android phone? In the 5G world, we try out all the available features to secure the phone, such as Face ID, pattern, Touch ID, and Fingerprints. It is obvious that you panic or feel frustrated when you can’t open the locked screen of your phone. Today, we give 6 ways to unlock pattern lock on Android easily.
One of the most effective and helpful ways is to unlock the android pattern lock by Tenorshare 4UKey for android. This method is helpful if you have forgotten the pattern and any other lock mode you use. One can also use the forgot password feature on the lock screen.
This article will walk you through myriad ways to help you unlock your android phone if you have forgotten the pattern lock.
Table of Contents
6 Ways to Unlock Forgotten Pattern Lock on Android
Here are the ways you can use to unlock forgotten pattern lock:
Forgot Password Feature
It is the most basic step to choose when you want to unlock the forgotten pattern lock screen on Android. It is the in-built feature in most android devices. When you enter the wrong password, you will see a ‘forgot password’ keyword on your screen. This way, the android phone’s locked screen will be unblocked with 4 easy steps.
- Enter the wrong pattern at least 5 times until you see a ‘Forgot Pattern’ on your screen.
- Tap on the option, and you will be redirected to a screen asking for your google details.
- Enter the google login credentials you entered previously on your phone.
- Once the google details match, you will be asked to reset a new password.
Backup PIN Feature IN Samsung Users
Start with the inbuilt ‘Forgot Password’ feature on your phone. Besides that, Samsung users have the ‘Backup PIN’ feature. If you are a Samsung user, you can add a backup PIN if you forget your lock screen pattern. You can use your backup pin to bypass the locked android screen. However, this feature is available for some android devices. If you are a Samsung user, you can add your backup pin to use in situations like this.
In contrast, using the ‘Backup PIN’ feature isn’t available to bypass pattern lock for other Android users. We also have other methods for you to unlock your android device. Let us read in-depth steps to unlock the lock screen of android phones.
- Easy and one-click unlock your android device by Tenorshare 4uKey for Android
- Try Android Device Manager (ADM) to unlock your Android Phone
- Android Debug Bridge to fix the Android Screen Lock
- Factory Reset to unlock Android Phone
If you are an efficiency seeker, Tenorshare 4uKey for Android is best to bypass Android pattern lock when their Android is locked because they have forgotten the pattern lock. Let us explore the expert of Tenorshare 4uKey for Android to deal with the pattern lock screen.
Unlock Android Pattern Lock by Tenorshare 4uKey for Android
Tenorshare 4uKey for Android is an untethered lock screen removal for Android. Not only does it unlock the Android pattern lock, but it can also remove any screen lock involving PINs, Passwords, Face Lock, and Fingerprints. Tenorshare Screen Removal can save time and protect the phone’s data from bypassing locked patterns on Android.
- Launch the software on your PC or Mac, and then connect it to your Android phone.
- After Lock Screen Removal has detected your device, select the ‘Remove Screen Lock’ feature.
- Choose the function of ‘Remove Screen Lock’ and click the ‘start’ button to remove the locked screen from Android.
- Tenorshare will send a pop-up notification to warn about the data being erased from the device. Click the ‘Yes’ button.
- Carry on with the on-screen process, and your lock screen removal process will begin. And Waiting a moment, you would be surprised that fixing a locked android device is not a big deal.
See Also: 13 Best Free & Paid Secure Password Generator Tools
Android Device Manager (ADM)
It is an android feature similar to Find My Device. With this feature, you can locate your smartphone if it is lost or stolen.
- Open this link ‘Google Find My Device.’
- Log in with your Google email ID.
- All the devices connected to the entered google account will be visible.
- Select the device you want to unlock.
- Click on the ‘Lock’ option to proceed further.
- A request will be sent to your phone to reset the password.
- Set a new pattern or PIN to unlock the device.
Android Device Manager is useful for finding your phone, resetting the password, and erasing the phone data.
Android Debug Bridge
If you want to remove the forgotten pattern without a factory reset, then go for Android Debug Bridge, also known as ADB.
- Download the application on your computer and launch the app with the required package.
- Get a USB cable and connect your phone to the computer.
- With the computer, enable the developer options of your phone while seven times were clicking the ‘build number.’
- Turn the USB debugging on.
- Open the CMD on the computer when you turn on USB debugging, and find the ADB installation directory.
- In the Command Line, copy and paste the command ADB shell and return.
- Now you can restart your phone and set a new password.
The last method on the list is to factory reset your android device to reset your password. However, factory reset erases all the data on a device and caches. Your android device will be restored to the condition when it was newly bought. It restores all the data, including the locked screen. Follow the steps given to perform a factory reset on your android phone,
- Press and hold the down volume and power keys simultaneously with your phone in off condition.
- Your device is now in boot recovery mode.
- Now select Wipe data/factory reset. Press the power key.
- Next, click Wipe cache partition and once again press the power key.
- Lastly, select ‘Reboot system now to erase the lock screen.
See Also: How to Unlock Straight Talk Phone With Ease | Step-wise Guide
How do I unlock my android smartphone if I forget my configured pattern lock?
After prompting multiple wrong patterns to unlock your phone, you'll get ‘Forgot pattern’ option on the screen. Forgotten pattern? Enter the Google Account that is in the smartphone and type in the password you set up on your phone previously. Now you are good to reconfigure your screen lock.
How many different phone pattern locks are there?
There are 389,112 Android lock screens. These lock mechanism attacks are known as the heuristic attack and the smudge attack 1 2 3. The question now is, how many unlocking patterns are there in total? 389,112 is the total number of pattern locks.
What does a master phone unlock code mean?
Because each smartphone is unique to itself based on the information the user enters when setting it up, there is no single master passcode to unlock them. They might have a SIM pin that is by default set to 0000 or 1234, but it is the SIM card lock, which is something the customer can modify.
What is the most frequently used unlock an android smartphone?
77% of Android smartphone users commence their pattern lock from a corner dot. The top-left corner of the first dot is where 44% of Android smartphone consumers start their pattern lock configuration. The majority of Android lock screen pattern users use fewer than 5 dots, with a significant percentage using only 4 dots.
See Also: AnyUnlock Review – iCloud Activation Unlocker Review
In other words, if you forget your lock screen password, you don’t have to worry anymore as you know the various methods to help you out. According to the availability of internet connection and model of your android devices, you can choose any preferred one listed in the article.
But after many attempts to unlock the pattern, it is no doubt that Tenorshare 4uKey for Android is a technically fast way to unlock Android pattern lock. You can try it to unlock the forgotten pattern locked screen in one click with basic steps or the video tutorial.
See Also: 16 Best Free & Paid Windows Password Recovery Tools